Looking for success? Here is a simple mantra. To be successful in life, stop chasing the wrong things. And give up these limiting practices below.
- Give up trying to be perfect – If you think you will wait until you achieve perfection, you will miss many opportunities. You need to act, rather than hanging back due to fear of failure. So get up and get things done.
- Give up dwelling on the past or worrying about the future – Live in the Now because this is the only moment that is real and present. Now is your life, happening right here. Don’t miss it.
- Give up complaining – instead of cribbing about things, try to take action and change things. It will empower you.
- Give up waiting – Don’t wait for things to happen before doing something. There should be no dependency on external circumstances to be conducive. Start acting now.
- Give up saying, I can’t. As Henry Ford put it, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.” You write your own destiny and you pass judgement on yourself.
- Give up thinking that you are not ready – It is a fact that nobody feels 100 per cent ready when an opportunity arises. Every great opportunity in life will force you to grow outside of your comfort zone. So don’t wait until you’re completely in your comfort zone.
- Give up trying to do things by yourself – Instead of trying to manage everything on your own, you must delegate things to the right people. Know that you are supported and there will be people to help you.
- Give up blaming others for your troubles – In blaming others for your circumstances, you are giving them power over that part of your life. The more you take responsibility for your life, the more empowered you become.
- Give up trying to live up to the expectations of others – Matching up to the expectations of others will give you stress and make you lose your natural intelligence. You must do things because you love to do them and drive yourself with passion, not to please others.
- Give up making promises that you can’t keep – Do not over-promise. Say what you feel is right, and honour your word once you have committed.
- Give up waiting until the last minute – Doing things at the eleventh hour puts you under a lot of stress and you will now have time to do things properly. So never let the last minute urgency breathe down on you.
- Give up trying to control everything – When you control situations and people, you end up discontented. Moreover, the people around you will lose their natural will to work for you. So release all control and let the natural intelligence run things.
(Visited 288 times, 1 visits today)