Many times, we hold back our words. We just do not feel safe in speaking with superiors and elders. We fear being rejected, ridiculed, shamed or misunderstood. We also fear that we might antagonise others and fear losing their goodwill. Most of us are terrified of public speaking and sharing our opinions, fearing that we would not be appreciated and acknowledged by others. All these fears lead to physical ailments starting from sore throat, cough, cold, Insomnia or thyroid problems. We must learn how to liberate our voice and spirit. It is our duty to make ourselves understood by others. To begin to liberate your voice you must release all the fears associated with speaking.
Vishuddha Chakra, the fifth chakra located at the throat region above the collar bone, is associated with our communication ability, which includes both speaking and listening. The term Vishuddha means extreme purity and this chakra is the purification point of our body. When balanced, the person is a good communicator, is self-confident, and expresses his unique identity in the world through expressing desires of the heart and wisdom of the mind. It is the centre of wisdom and will power, and a person with balanced energy in this chakra has the capability to find solutions to challenging situations and takes decisions, knowing that she can honour a commitment made to herself or to the world. The inherent soul knowledge of the fifth chakra communicates to us that we must develop the strength to make choices that reflect who we are.
When the energy of Vishuddha Chakra is not balanced, we develop communication fears; fears of both speaking and listening. Effective communication can happen only among equals. If you compare yourself with others and develop a feeling of inferiority, superiority or jealousy, the Vishuddha Chakra becomes blocked and locked. The Vishuddha Chakra is unlocked only by total acceptance of your own uniqueness and uniqueness of the other. You should understand that communication happens between two souls, and all souls are equal. Whether you are talking to your child or your superior, you should know that you talking to an equal. Only then will effective communication happen. You must have faith in the ability of another soul to comprehend fully what you want to convey and trust in your own ability to make yourself understood. This involves a great degree of surrender to your own inner Guru.
Communication either makes or breaks most relationships. You can improve your relationship with near and dear family members and co-workers and superiors right now, by putting into practice some of these tips for improving the communication in your relationship:
• Make sure that the other person is ready to have a conversation with you. That is, prepare a ground, so that the person is in a frame of mind to listen to you.
• Listen to the person. Only when the other person develops confidence that you understand him, he will make a reciprocal gesture of wanting to understand you. Most of the time we are so anxious to convey our point that we forget to listen. So patiently listen to the other person make his point and speak only when he has finished.
• Understand the person well before you begin to communicate. You should know his background, experiences and upbringing. Speak only what is necessary.
• Stop trying too hard to convince. Have faith in yourself and speak from your soul.
• Trust yourself to be able to make your point and trust the other person to understand your point.
• Do not let any emotions flavour your speech. These incite unwanted feelings from the other person and changes the course and intention of the communication.
• Lastly, stay focussed in the here and now, and do not digress to dig up past mistakes and hurts. You will completely lose the point you were trying to make.
To learn how to change situation with wisdom – Vishuddha Chakra Sadhana , visit: