We all have set of beliefs and perspectives, through which we analyze and decide about any situation or a person. We live in the illusionary boundaries of our set thought process, which is quick to analyze, judge and react to a particular situation, thing or person. But, when it comes to self, we often fail to apply the same logic which we apply to others. This is because we fail to hear our inner Guru, our conscience. This is where Introspection comes in picture.
Introspection is examining our own thoughts, feelings, beliefs without manipulating or twisting the truth. It is peeping inside our souls and analyzing our own behavior, decision making, our emotional quotient, thought process and actions undertaken.
Introspection helps us understand ourselves better and live life beautifully. Introspection aids in:
1. Realizing Negative traits of Self: Introspection allows us to observe our own behavior, thought process, emotion quotient and way of living. It does not only give us wisdom, to realize the traits that we do not want in ourselves, but also gives us the courage to face them, release them and accept ourselves.
2. Help build better You: Once we know these lesser traits, we start working towards transforming ourselves. We look at life with a new perspective. It allows us to grow as a person and shapes our overall growth. We build self- confidence with self honour and this makes us a better version of ourselves.
3. Pattern of Thinking Changes: Self introspection allows us to dive inside our souls and makes us listen to our clear inner voice. It helps us think neutrally and does not allow our thoughts to be influenced because of the outward situations. Always remember, our gut can never deceive us. So all our opinions and decision making should be from our own inner gut.
4. Inner Peace: Once we start listening to our inner thoughts, we feel calm from within. Self – introspection makes us realize the true essence of living and thus gives us peace from within.
5. Start Living in the NOW: Once we start listening to our inner voice, we understand that, the present moment never gives us pain. It is the incidents from the past and the worries of the tomorrow that give us illusionary pain. Once we understand this beautiful reality, we start living in the ‘Now’ rather than holding on to the past which is long gone and thinking about the tomorrow that has not yet risen.
6. Concept of Happiness: As mentioned in the above point, introspection makes us realize, that true happiness comes from living in the present moment. It makes the concept of happiness clear by making us realize that true happiness lies within. It need not be dependent upon another person, thing or any other external factors.
7. Makes You Focused On the BIG Picture: Self Introspection opens our mind to facts. It helps us think, decide and act accordingly. Thus, making us look at the bigger picture vividly, than to repent upon the quick actions and hasty decisions taken in fit or rage.
8. Helps in Facing Fear: We all have certain fears in life. Introspection helps us understand and admit our fears. It makes us rise above our fears and fills us with wisdom to handle our fear.
9. A revolved You: Once we learn to focus our energy in the right direction, we become more self-aware, our level of understanding improves and increases. We get a clear picture of, what we want from life.