Unconditional Love is the goal of every spiritual aspirant. Why so because only with this the ‘Anahata” chakra or the one that should not be struck will open the gates to heaven. Till you are not able to love each and every person selflessly, compassionately and genuinely this gate will not open. Until then you are in pain as you react with everything and everyone who hurts you, goes against you, causes you suffering or makes you judge. As it flowers with love, true joy comes gushing forth and fills your being with indescribable joy. But for this state, one has to surmount obstacles of separation, judgement and definitions caused by the ego self. We can say that unconditional love can and will happen when will become truly self-less. It is the state of enlightened beings and God Himself.
More about Love
• Let’s talk about love. What is it. We have experienced it as a mother or father, child or sibling. This is familial love that has form of nurturing and care and is more physical.
• Another type is between a man and woman which is more sensual.
• Also there is love between friends and that we can call mental because mind and opinions are involved.
• Another is between a leader or role model and his subjects which can be related to identity.
• These forms are associated with the ego self which resides in body, mind, senses and identity consciousness. All of these have polarities of pleasure and pain as they survive through fulfilment of expectations, dependencies and control. In the presence of these one cannot experience complete flowering of the heart.
When Love happens?
Love happens when there is a particular quality or trait you find in another person that you get aligned to because you feel it is complete or perfect and you come to a state of non-judgement in that. So it could be looks or knowledge or power or behavioural quality. In case of familial love it is the physical bond of birth that you share that brings about this state. But this love is not ever lasting because no trait of the external self is eternal. Looks change, position changes and behaviour also changes and this brings a lot of negativity and grief to the relationship as the foundation on which it was based itself was shaken.
What is eternal Love then?
It only happens at Soul level. A spiritual aspirant progresses in his sadhana by casting off associations with these consciousness and ultimately rests in his soul self. He starts relating to people from their inner core and finds true meaning behind every single happening in life. He understands them deeply without the veil of his or their identity. At this level of the Soul all beings become one and unconditional love flowers.