Optimism does not mean that you want to control life situations as per your innermost desires. That would definitely lead to lot of hurt and pain, as life will not behave as per your whims and fancies. Optimism means that you know that whatever happens is for your higher good only. An optimist knows that life perfects the situations, so that you evoke your natural self to handle it.
So the instability you are facing is teaching you that ‘you are supported’. It is invoking the warrior inside you to face the challenges.
• The attack you are facing is teaching you to learn to defend and protect yourself.
• The guilt you are facing is teaching you to ask forgiveness from the other and forgive yourself.
• The disharmony is teaching you to manage relationships.
• The powerlessness and victimization is teaching you to go within, to delve in your own power and free yourself of attachments and dependencies.
• The betrayal is teaching you to forgive and let go.
• The hurt is teaching you to release expectations.
• The anger is teaching you to accept.
• The frustration is teaching you to invoke your natural wisdom to find a solution.
• The feeling of incompleteness is teaching you to be content and grateful for what you have.
The feelings you are going through are telling you about the situation based on the here and now and past experiences, but an optimist knows that he can choose his response to those feelings. Most of us fall prey to the feelings and then get trapped in the illusion of emotions of hurt, pain, mistrust, anger, negativity, victimization, low self-esteem etc. to name a few. It is actually hard to be optimist because everyone is in the trap of their ego and to go beyond it and see the truth requires lot of mastery over emotions and lot of trust, hope and surrender to the divine. The goal of all meditators is to develop that unflinching faith in the creator that makes one optimist. Then the light of wisdom will always shine through his Sahasrara or Crown chakra and give him the knowingness to handle all that comes. Finally whatever happens and has happened is towards fulfillment of the intention of life towards self-realization.